Nothing went smoothly lol.
So it all started when my husband and I went to bed on the 20th around 10:00pm. I felt a huge pop down near baby A so I went to the bathroom to discover I was leaking a lot of fluid. Went back to my husband to let him know that we need to leave.
Got to the hospital around 10:45 and went to triage to make sure it was in fact my amniotic fluid. I hoped so since I was pretty much sitting in a pool in the car :(. After a positive, they checked me and was at 2.5-3.
Was admitted to a nice room with Amazing nurses! At around two am, my contractions were 5 min apart so they decided it was time for an epidural since I kinda had no choice in case an emergency csection was done. And my fear of needles didn't help the more I waited. To be honest, it was really painful. Same for IV. Sorry
At 7am, was checked again and was still at 2.5-3. I was discouraged!! So they installed oxytocin? By 10:00, I was at 6, and noon 8. I was happy. Except that the strangest thing happened to me and my epidural only worked on the outside. I started feeling all the pressures and needing to push. It was awful. By one, I was fully dilated and started to push. Did that for 35 min until they wheeled me in operating room to continue. The place was packed!!
By 2:08 baby Joëlle was born head first (4.5lbs) and 2:13 baby Annabelle (5lbs) was pulled out by her feet. Ouch!! Both had to be send to NICU due to TTTS as Joëlle was lacking blood and Annabelle had very low blood sugar. In the mean time, they had issues with delivering my placenta and once that was out, I had an hemorrhage. Needles to say my husband was sent out of the room and he followed the girls while I stayed there am extra 1.5 hrs being stuffed with thing to stop the hemorrhage. I was freaking out and really in pain.
Anyways. Since I was given lots of medications, I was wheeled to my room and got to meet baby Joëlle for the first time at 7:00pm. Now it's 12:49am and i still haven't seen baby Annabelle :( I feel so bummed.
Sorry for long story but everyone is doing fine. :)
My husband was amazing in supporting me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment